© 2020 A Long Swim
A Long Swim
117 South Cook Street, Suite 248
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Based on the realities forced on us all by COVID-19, A Long Swim is introducing a virtual swimming, biking, or running event that welcomes athletes with all capabilities, and from anywhere in the world. All you need to do is get out there and swim, bike, run or walk whenever is most convenient to you. Complete one or ALL THREE!
Athletes will be incentivized to raise additional funds for A Long Swim to dedicate to ALS research, for which they will receive a dedicated website, fundraising tips and sample emails for friends, family and colleagues.
In addition, A Long Swim provides athletic sponsorship opportunities for swimmers, triathletes and marathoners. For details on both programs, please contact Kate Himes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224.234.4018.
Even if you’re not up to swim or bike or run, we’d love your help to fund this crucial research!
1. Athletes register by clicking the red REGISTER HERE button above
2. Registration cost is $35, “all you can eat!” for any and all events
3. Pick a level (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and a discipline (swim, bike or run)
4. Complete your race during the month of June and submit your time and photo to email@example.com
• Commemorative event dri-fit cap
• A Long Swim latex swim cap
• A finisher certificate, suitable for framing
• Goody bag, with products, discounts and surprises, all courtesy of A Long Swim sponsors
• A $5 rebate for every athlete you introduce to the event
• A discount of $15 for your registration to A Long Swim – Tower Road Beach in Winnetka, to be held August 2, 2020
• 2.4 Mile swim
• 50 Mile Bike or 2.5 hours
• 13.1 Mile Run or 90 minutes
• 1.2-mile swim
• 25 Mile Bike or 1 hour
• 6.2 Mile Run or 45 minutes
• 750-meter swim
• 10 Mile Bike (30 minutes)
• 3.1 Mile Run (25 minutes)
At any time during the month of June, complete your race and send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A photo – or a selfie – of you when you finish
• Record your time and distance completed
Remember to post your photos to Facebook, and share them to A Long Swim!
A Long Swim is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) that uses open water and marathon-distance swimming to raise funds for collaborative ALS research. To date, A Long Swim has raised $1 million, and all of the profits of this event will fund research at Northwestern, including the Ellen McConnell Blakeman ALS Research Fellowship.